The Institute For Figuring’s Core Collection of crochet reefs is available for exhibition.
Staging a Reef exhibition requires the resources of a professional gallery or museum. We work with art galleries, science museums, natural history museums, universities, colleges, and other cultural institutions. We cannot consider invitations from individuals, short-term festivals, or singular events.
Reef exhibitions are for a period of 2–6 months, plus shipping time. Venues must provide art insurance door-to-door, and cover shipping to and from the IFF’s professional art-storage facility in Los Angeles. Installation costs are the responsibility of the venue; as are travel costs for a member of our team to assist your preparators setting up the show.
There is a formal Loan Agreement host venues must sign. We loan out the Core Collection as a large-scale Traveling Exhibition, and, depending on availability, we can loan out individual pieces for group exhibitions. Please note that for international shows we need at least 6 months advance notice.
Contact Us to Get Started
If you would like to proceed, please send an email with the following information:
- Brief introduction to your institution
- Brief outline of the show you wish to do
- Proposed exhibition timeframe
- Specify if you are considering showing the whole of the Traveling Exhibition, or are interested in showing specific works. (Priority will be given to larger exhibitions, but we do often have subsets available.)
- Name, position, and contact information for the person making the inquiry.
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org